Standards define a common interoperable interface for all developers to build upon. They consist of rules to ensure compatibility across applications and wallets on the Aptos blockchain. See a list of known coin resource addresses in Aptos provided by hippospace.
The Object model allows Move to represent a complex type as a set of resources stored within a single address and offers a rich capability model that allows for fine-grained resource control and ownership management.
The new Aptos Digital Asset Standard allows:
- Rich, flexible assets and collectibles.
- Easy enhancement of base functionality to provide richer custom functionalities. An example of this is the aptos_token module
Digital Asset (DA) is recommended for any new collections or protocols that want to build NFT or semi-fungible tokens.
The new Aptos Fungible Asset Standard is a standard meant for simple, typesafe, and fungible assets based on object model intending to replace Aptos coin. Fungible Asset (FA) offers more features and flexibilities to Aptos move developers on creating and managing fungible assets.
The Wallet standard ensures that all wallets use the same functionality for key features. This includes:
- The same mnemonic so that wallets can be moved between providers.
- Wallet adapter so that all applications can interact seamlessly with a common interface.
The old existing Token module, on the other hand:
- Encapsulates rich, flexible assets and collectibles. These assets are discrete (non-decimal) and can be fungible, semi-fungible, or nonfungible.
- The token standard is in its own
AptosTokenpackage at the Address
0x3to allow for rapid iteration based on feedback from the community.
The Coin module is a lightweight standard meant for simple, typesafe, and fungible assets. The coin standard is separated out into its own Move module to ensure that:
- Applications and users can create and use simple tokens, with high performance and low gas overhead.
- The Coin standard is part of the Aptos core framework so it can be used for currencies, including the gas currency.